Saturday, February 02, 2008

Saturday night....

Just hanging out at home with the boys. I just finished Beach Road by James Patterson. It was a good book with a bit of a surprise ending. I got the latest Janet Evanovich at the library today so I'll probably start that next. Funny how my reading habits have changed over time. I used to be a voracious reader. I could easily finish a book in a few hours. Now it takes days if not weeks to finish them. Sometimes I can get back into a groove and read quickly. I guess not having hours to kill over a book is also a factor.
I tallied my credit card to see how many times we hit Walmart in January. I know that all of the charges aren't mine, but between the two of us we went nine times. We also spent just over $200 which isn't too bad in my opinion. I also have dear hubby bring lunch a few days a week. This has been a bit of a savings. Even though he's not a $10/day lunch kind of guy, $3/day times 5 adds up to $15/week. Trying to cut back on even the small things can help. I guess it's the small things that add up.

1 comment:

Amy said...

which Janet Evanovitch is it? I LOVE her! Was Beach Road one of the ones with the flying children in it? I know he wrote a couple of books in that series and I was afraid to read Beach House because the whole flying children story lost me.