Saturday, February 23, 2008

happy birthday to me....

well, there it is, I am now officially 39. No, this isn't a pity party. I am just amazed that this is my last year of my 30's, and next year it's 40. For the most part my 30's have been pretty good. I have watched my son grow and change so much. It has also been touched with deep sorrow over losing my parents. I am a little bittersweet tonight thinking about them. Life continues to march on, and sometimes just knowing that I can't talk to them hurts.
Today was just spent hanging out with the boys. Last weekend we went over to Lee, MA and had dinner with my brother and his family. I'm happy that they live so close. It's nice seeing them more often. I had to cancel my trip to Toronto for my niece's 1st birthday. I feel guilty that we can't go. We waited too long to book flights, and can't get them for the lower rates. Plus driving 6 hours by myself (with John John) and possible winter weather doesn't seem doable. So, the hotel reservation was cancelled. Sorry sis!
Tomorrow I am celebrating with my girlfriend's. Should be a fun lunch. I also applied for another part time job. Work has been slow lately, and I need more of a client base. I think working with 3-5 year olds will be fun. Haven't had that age group in quite a while.

1 comment:

Amy said...

no worries! 40 is the new 20 :) Happy birthday Jenn!!!!!