Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas is over.......................


John, Keaton and Jamie in Parliament.
John and Jamie

It feels so good to be back home and doing our own thing. I made dh happy by working yesterday and today. Not that this paycheque will be stellar, but better than nothing right?? Right now he's downstairs painting in the kitchen. I finished typing up reports for work. John John is outside playing in the inch of snow we got. He was able to play in more snow up at our friend's in Ottawa so at least he can see that there will be a winter. Personally I would be happy with no snow and a mild winter. Wish me luck!
We hauled all of the gifts up to my in-laws, so "Santa" could make an appearance. I never believed in Santa as we didn't really celebrate "Christmas" when I was little. Can't deny John's Christian half, and he's enjoying double presents. I did remind him that going to Disney counts as one huge present, and he was sort of okay with no gifts a couple of nights of Chanukah. However, he was extremely disappointed that his grandfather got more gifts than him! LOL. He was overjoyed with the monorail, and we told him that we bought it when we were in Florida.
We drove up to Ottawa on Wednesday, and had a chance to visit with our friends Jamie and Sandra. John was a little uncooperative when we were at the Open House on Parliament Hill. Only my son thinks it's okay to walk around Parliament with his pants down and showing off his little tush. One day he will be embarrassed by this. We had a nice supper with my siblings at my brother Andrew's new restaurant. We threatened John with his life if he didn't behave, and he was excellent. Funny how threats work that way! Now if he'll be good at my in-laws 50th anniversary, we're golden.
Wish me luck as I have to go back to Kingston in less than 2 weeks. I will really have to come up with a good excuse to not go back for Easter. Any suggestions???

No comments: