Tuesday, August 01, 2006

in the midst of the heatwave

It is so nice to have our pool up and running. This is quite the heat wave. We didn't go swimming till after 3 today as the sun was just too brutal. We are quickly approaching our trip to Virginia Beach. We are all looking forward to this vacation. John John has been really good for a week. His swimming continues to improve. He can now swim into the deep end, and is doing a nice doggy paddle. It's so cute to see his little head poking up as he swims along. He is fearless!
I am keeping an even keel as we approach the one year mark of dad's death. I know the week of the 21st will be hard. I do think I'm over the daily sadness. I do feel sad, and still find it hard to believe, but I haven't been feeling my daily dose of wanting to cry. I miss being able to talk to my parents.

No comments: