Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

Any New Year's resolutions?? For me personally, I don't even attempt to make them as I will just as quickly break them. Life is too short. Now that the holidays are over, it will feel good to get back to a regular routine. Hopefully this next storm won't make for a snow day tomorrow. I am glad that John is taking another day off tomorrow, so if it does happen I can still work. I think bad road conditions are the one thing I truly despise about my job. I have a lot of miles to cover and bad roads make it worse.
Last night John and I went out for dinner with another couple. Our plans almost got cancelled because our babysitter backed out. However, her parents made her change her party plans and keep her sitting commitment. A little nervewracking for a few, but it turned out to be a fun evening. When we got home John John was up waiting for game night. We played a round of Sorry, and then a game of his creation. Then we went upstairs and snuggled in bed together. John John made it till 11. Not bad.
Today we are getting another storm (I mentioned this earlier!). Guess it will be another lazy day around the house. I do have some work reports to do, and should do some cleaning. Fun fun fun!!
We booked a room at the indoor water park for John's birthday. This is in lieu of a big "invite the class" party. I convinced John John a couple of months ago to do this as big parties were just becoming too much of a hassle. I so hate inviting all these people, and then hardly anyone RSVP's. Last year was a total fiasco with the gym changing our party date. So, enough of that crap, and a weekend at an indoor water park is my idea of a better time. I don't mind say maybe 3 or 4 kids over for pizza, but no to a big party.
John won't know till some time this month if he's going away in March. I should feel guilty for wishing it isn't a go, but in some ways I hope he isn't going. For the most part John John and I are fine. So, we shall see.

No comments: