Monday, January 07, 2008

But I want to go to Build-A-Bear

Yes, a new discovery here at the Pomeroy house is Build-A-Bear. John John went for the first time in November. He made his loveable Rudolph. But wait mom, I need to go back and get Clarice. Santa to the rescue! Yes, indeed Santa made the save on that, and Rudolph and Clarice are together forever. Now on to this past weekend. John wanted to work for a couple of hours so we tagged along. We did need to go to Best Buy at the same mall to exchange a video game, and a trip to Build-A-Bear. So, home came our latest creation, Ian.
Now onto the birthday dilemma. I purposely booked a weekend away at our local indoor water park to escape the dreaded big "invite the whole class" birthday party extravaganza. I said we could have a small party here, and that should be sufficient. Small has ballooned into 12 guests. I don't want 12 kids here as that seems to defeat my idea of small. Oh what to do?

1 comment:

sonflowergurl said...

Letting them invite the equivalent to their age is always a good rule of thumb. 8 is better than 12!!!