Wednesday, July 19, 2006

quiet week on the homefront

John John is away on vacation this week at his grandparents. We dropped him off on our way home from Nathalie's 40th birthday party. I was a little apprehensive about letting him stay, but more so because last year my dad died. Last August John John was going to stay the week after my mom's unveiling. John and I left him on the Sunday, but were back on Monday as my dad had his stroke. So, his last vacation was not so great. I was scared that something terrible would happen again this year. However it is Wednesday and no calls have been forthcoming. Plus, my father can't die twice.
It is very quiet here without my little man. It certainly feels strange to have all of this time to myself and not have to worry about him. John and I have been enjoying swims and being able to talk over dinner. It's also nice having the bed to ourselves for a few days!
The summer is flying by. We head out to Virginia Beach in just over 2 weeks. It will be fun staying right on the beach. John John will love playing in the sand and ocean. We haven't had a family vacation in a while so this will be nice.

No comments: