Sunday, March 16, 2008

thinking about what I've gained since my parents' deaths

I read an article posted by a friend about how life is after your parents are gone. To be honest, for the last 2 1/2 years whenever I think of them I get sad. I miss the fact that they now have 2 adorable granddaughters. I'm sad that my son is really forgetting them alive. I miss not being able to just call them on the phone to say hi. I miss my dad's twenty million calls before driving up to see them about which day might be better based on weather. The list could go on cause honestly their deaths have left a hole in my life.
But, time has moved on and without them mine has marched on. I can see that I'm closer with 2 of my siblings. My one brother Andrew has reverted back to his independent life. I shall remind him of our family reunion this summer, and maybe he'll come. Probably not, but the invite is extended. My other brother now lives three hours away so we get to visit often. My sister lives quite a distance so seeing each other often isn't always feasible. So, in a nutshell I do see a positive or two since living without my parents.

1 comment:

~M~ said...

It has to be hard to adjust to not having them around. It's something I try not to think about too much because while I'm not terribly close to my parents, I know it would still leave a huge hole in my life to have them gone.

Sending you a big hug today. I'm glad you can see a couple of positives, but your sadness is totally understandable. (((HUGS)))