Tuesday, January 23, 2007

In light of my last post

I would like to use my personal little space to publicly apologize to my sister. I made a mistake in bitching about her upcoming birth and not having a clue as to what to expect. Rereading it, I sound like quite the know-it-all, and other things that I shouldn't say. Honestly do any of us have any clue what to expect? I seriously though I knew it all having been a babysitter for many years and being around kids. How wrong was I. I will admit here that there were days when John was little I was ready to go drown myself. There were days where John would cry endlessly and for no particular reason. How could I not be able to fix that? Sleepless nights, being up at all hours cleaning up vomit, being a toddler, being plain naughty, mooning in parliament, ahh the joys of being John. But would I change it?? Not in a million years. So, to my sister, who in all honesty I wish did live closer, parenthood is never what you expect.

2 comments:

Amy said...

no better way to say it than that! Parenthood is all about the unexpectedness (is that a word??) in life! No amount of book reading or babysitting can prepare you for what happens when a baby comes into your world. It is a joy like nothing else, and at the same time the most intense panic :)

Unfortunately blogging is a lot like e-mailing and what you write doesn't always come across the way you intended. Hopefully your sister will understand that and you can laugh it off. Big hugs :)

jennpom said...

thanks. I do feel awful about my post.