Monday, November 06, 2006

3 days till my girl's getaway

I so deservie this trip! This is the 3rd year in a row we are heading to Lancaster. I know this is going to be difficult for Val because her mom died two months ago, and she always took care of Ben and Nia while we went. Sad to think it was me last year who had just buried my last parent. I don't want to trip down memory lane here as in a lot of ways I'm over the day-to-day grief I had last year. It's still a tough pill to swallow, but even tougher realizing that life goes on.
I'm excited to get away for a few days without my John's. John has travelled for almost 5 weeks this fall, so I deserve 3 days. They are heading up to John's parents while I am away. I don't mind one bit on that. Then next Friday we head out for Disney World. Busy busy month!
John came home last Monday and it's nice to have him back. His laundry sat unwashed till he realized that he needed to do it. Sorry Charlie, the laundry fairy ain't doing 3 weeks worth. Of course it's still in the basket needing to be folded. Makes him realize that I do some things for him the rest of the year.

No comments: