Monday, June 12, 2006

countdown till the school year is over

Hard to believe that John's kindergarten year is almost over. It amazes me how much he has learned. He is now reading and reads everything he can. His Teacher for the Deaf is looking at the first grade teachers to see which one would be a good fit for John. I hope that next year he will continue to do well without his Teacher for the Deaf, Sue. She is retiring at the end of the month and we are going to miss her. She has been such a wealth of knowledge, and has done so much with John. He has come a long way because of Sue.
I still need to figure out my summer schedule, and when to have my babysitter over. I'm sending John to our districts summer program, and then plan to have the sitter 3 afternoons a week. August I'll have her 3 days a week. Fingers crossed it goes as planned. I've been spoiled this year with working while John is in school. It will be a juggling act over the summer.
Our house improvements are rolling along. We should have the kitchen done soon. It looks really nice. I love my new island. More space to put in my kitchen stuff!! We had the backsplash tiled and it lightens it up tremendously. John also splurged and bought a new dishwasher to go along with our new stove. This will be nice.

No comments: