Monday, May 12, 2008

remembering mom

today would have been mom's 68th birthday. Hard to believe this is the 4th birthday not to be celebrated. Time has helped heal a little, but the inner core ache of missing mom still hasn't.
We spent a quick weekend up in Kingston. John's mom had surgery last Wednesday. She won't get results till this week about whether or not the cancer is in her lymph nodes. Irene is slowly healing. Hopefully she will get up and walking so she can go home. I was a good girl and went to the hospital to see her. Going in the General was not easy for me, but I did it. I guess hubby realizes it, but he didn't make a big deal about it.
So, on this day, I send a cherished heavenly birthday wish to my mom. miss you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hugs Jenn.

emzed said...

Jenn - I am so sorry. I know how hard this is for you. Have you thought of planting something on her birthday (right time of year) so you can feel like you are doing something for her? I like rituals. Next week (5/21) is the anniversary of Geoff's mother's death and we always light a yahrzeit. Even though he didn't grow up with it, lighting it makes him feel better. (((HUGS)))