Tuesday, July 01, 2008

heading out for vacation

and I haven't even blogged in a month! Oops. The school year wrapped up last week. All in all John had a very productive 2nd grade year. His teacher was excellent, and he learned a lot. If only his handwriting would improve, but I guess that's wishful thinking. Maybe his cursive will be better. John sort of slacked off with his work, and his marks for this last quarter showed. Bad mom for not pushing him, but some days it was a battle.
We are taking our summer vacation now instead of August. Tomorrow we fly out for California. We will be staying in Anaheim and hitting Disney Land. It should be a fun time. John John is excited to go. I'm also glad to have our big trip over at the beginning instead of later. I seem to have a slower summer so John john and I will have lots of together time. May be a good thing?? Family party is the weekend of July 18. My one brother is too busy to make it down. I guess it's good that I'm close to my two other siblings. Guess I should go and get the rest of the packing done. Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Have fun!

Penny L. Richards said...

Never got your call--did I remember the wrong day? Still around, give us a ring!